Summer snacking doesn’t have to be boring or tasteless, especially when you’re snacking on Lotus Fine Foods Quinoa Granola! This week Lotus shared her favourite summer snack ideas, including a recipe for Energy Balls made with Lotus Fine Foods Quinoa Granola, on CTV Atlantic and Global Halifax. She had a wonderful time and was very happy to be able to share her healthy snacks with everyone watching.
Energy Balls are an easy, no-bake, go-to summer snack that are fantastic to bring to the beach, dock, a picnic or a sporting event. They are also free from refined sugars, low in sodium, gluten free and full of fibre.
Lotus Fine Foods Energy Balls
1/2 cup natural nut/seed butter
1 tbsp agave nectar
1 1/4 cups gluten free oats
Single serve package of Lotus Fine Foods Quinoa Granola (1/3 cup)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (or nuts/seeds/dried fruit)
Combine the ingredients and roll into bite-size balls. Refrigerate until firm (about one hour).
Other healthy snack ideas to accompany the Energy Balls include:
– Greek Yogurt
– Veggies and dip
– Homemade trail mix (dried fruit, almonds, sunflower seeds, chocolate chips)
– Yogurt tubes (if you freeze them, they act as an edible freezer pack for the snack bag)
– Sliced fruit with melted chocolate
– Neal Brother’s Tortillas with salsa
– Lesley Stowe Raincoast Crisps
– Enerjive Quinoa Skinny Crackers
Learn more snack ideas and watch Lotus on Global Halifax.
What are your favourite healthy summer snacks?